Single-end and paired-end short reads can be uploaded in FASTQ format. For FASTQ files, please ensure that your filename ends with the .fastq, .fnq, or .fq file extension. The uploader also accepts compressed files in these formats: .zip, .gz, .bz2, .tar.gz, .tar.bz2.
Upload short reads from a FASTQ file
- Choose Short Reads as the data type
- Click the Next button
- Select the type of file you want to upload:
- If paired-end reads, click the PAIRED END READS tab (note that this will prompt you for up to two files; only one is needed if you are uploading an interleaved file)
- If single-end reads, select the SINGLE END READS tab
- Click the Select File button(s) to open a file browser allowing you to choose a file from your computer
- Name the object(s) you are importing
- Click the Import button
- After the import process has completed, the appropriate data object will appear in your Data Panel as a SingleEndLibrary or PairedEndLibrary.
Paired-end read import example:
Single-end read import example: