After signing into the Narrative Interface, you will be taken to your Dashboard, which provides an overview of your work in and use of KBase. From the Dashboard you can access existing Narratives, create new ones, contact collaborators, update your profile, and more. Main features of the Dashboard are described below.
What’s in my Dashboard?
- There are three panels for exploring and locating existing Narratives: Your Narratives, Narratives Shared with You, and Public Narratives.
- The most recently modified Narratives appear first in the panels.
- Click on any Narrative name to open it.
- Icons under a name indicate which apps the Narrative includes, how many markdown and code cells it contains, the number of times the Narrative has been shared, whether there are any running jobs, total running time for all completed jobs, and more.
- You can use the search box at the top of each panel to find a particular Narrative.
- In the Your Narratives panel, you can click the blue button at the top to create a new Narrative.
- Note that Public Narratives have not necessarily been reviewed or tested by the KBase team; they are simply Narratives that have been made public by their owners.
- An abridged version, with a link to your profile page.
- Snapshot that shows how you’re using the system (e.g., how many Narratives you’ve created and shared and how many collaborators you have).
- Other metrics will be added soon, as part of KBase’s expansion of its social features.
Common Collaborator Network
- People with whom you share Narratives.
Where do I go from here?
The Dashboard offers many launch points. You can go to:
- A new, empty Narrative (by clicking the “+ New Narrative” button near the top of the page)
- A Narrative you have previously created (listed under Your Narratives)
- A Narrative that has been shared with you by a collaborator or other KBase user (listed under Narratives Shared with You)
- Your user profile (by clicking the update button under Your Profile)
- The user profile of someone who shares access with you to at least one Narrative (by clicking on a name under Your Collaborators)
The top-level menu (accessed by clicking the three small horizontal lines on the upper left of the window) offers additional possibilities:
Narrative Interface goes to the main Narrative Interface, which allows you to create, edit, run, and share Narratives.
About goes to a page that describes the KBase system.
Contact KBase lets you contact the KBase Help Desk with your question, bug report, or feature suggestion.
Help brings you to the Narrative User Guide.
In the next section, we’ll discuss how to create a new Narrative.