This page provides step-by-step instructions for signing up to use KBase. You will use your existing account at Google or Globus and it will be linked to your new KBase account.
1. From the KBase sign-in page, select the “New User” option.
2. You can use your existing Google or Globus account to sign up for KBase. Most people will probably want to use their Google account, but you can click the “Additional providers” link to reveal the Globus option if you have a Globus account that you want to use, or if you’d like to create a free Globus account.
3. Assuming you want to use your Google account, click on the “Sign in with Google” button; you will be prompted to choose a Google account (if you have more than one) and sign in to it (if you aren’t already signed in).
5. You must now agree to the KBase User Agreement and KBase Data Policy. (If you already had a KBase account, the User Agreement and Data Policy have not changed since you last agreed to them. This is merely a reconfirmation required by the new authentication process.)
6. You’re done–you now have a KBase account!
Click “Continue” and you’ll see your KBase Dashboard. You may want to take a look at the Narrative Quick Start or other documentation before you plunge headfirst into KBase.
If you encounter any difficulties or have any questions, please feel free to contact us!