Upload a data file (which may be compressed) from a web URL to your staging area.
This App allows users to upload a data file (which may be compressed) from a web URL to the staging area. If the file is compressed (.gz or .zip), it will automatically be uncompressed. It is possible, and indeed encouraged to make use of folders when uploading compressed archives of files. These folders are leveraged by downstream batch processing Apps and enable users to run tools on every file in the folder. We strongly recommend using this method to move large amounts of data easily into KBase because the transfer mechanism is less likely to be interrupted (versus uploading directly from your laptop). Note that both Box and DropBox offer a mechanism to share private files temporarily using links that are only accessible to someone who know what the link address is. This is a great mechanism to make a file accessible to KBase without completely exposing the file to the public.
How to Use a Google Drive Public Shared Link
In the source location in Google Drive:
- Left click on the file and select Get shareable link.
- Make sure the file setting is set to Anyone with the link can view. Otherwise go to Sharing settings.
- Copy the public file sharing link.
- Paste the link into the SRA URL entry field.
How to use a Dropbox Public Shared Link
- Click on Share on the file.
- Make sure the file setting is set to Anyone with the link can view this file. Otherwise go to Link settings.
- Click on the Copy link button.
- Paste the link into the URL entry field.
- Arkin AP, Cottingham RW, Henry CS, Harris NL, Stevens RL, Maslov S, et al. KBase: The United States Department of Energy Systems Biology Knowledgebase. Nature Biotechnology. 2018;36: 566. doi: 10.1038/nbt.4163 , https://www.nature.com/articles/nbt.4163
Module Commit: d42c2a16cc670db70e8a04e0a2b15b69baec7b22